Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Random Pictures and just some Notes











Hello once again.








We are thrilled to have the worst of our adoption details sealed up. As well as doing the adoption registration today, we also met another adoption family here in Guangzhou from Ohio. We enjoyed visiting with them and meeting their new 14 year old daughter. They were all very sweet. They introduced us to a few restaurants and sites on the island here in Guangzhou. We went to Subway (yes... just like ours), and also did some shopping for Zoe.








We are so very thankful for all of your prayers. We are all feeling very worn down and only about 1/2 way into our trip, but would like to finish hard and honor our Lord who has brought us this far!!








Zoe is realllllllly skinny. She will wear no bigger than a junior size 0. She is the tallest of all three girls. We can't get over how Natalia takes after Zoe and Jenna after Anna. Zoe seems to prefer her Chinese name at this point (Gui Yuan - said.... gwa yuon), but also responds to Zoe and we shall see over the next few days. As I stated earlier, her favorite color is pink.








In the picture you will see that Jonathan is playing hacky sack in the square with some of the people there. There were people kicking them over their backs and were somewhere in their 50's in age. Way better shape than I probably ever will be. :( Anyway... Jonathan is quite good at it!!!








Tomorrow is "shot day". Any shots they feel they need... they will give them. I understand that sometimes it is important that they get like 7. Please pray this is NOT the case and we can just skate out of there easily. Zoe looks very complete with here records, while Anna's seem sketchy. We shall see what they "inject" them with. :( I hate it.. but it's part of the adoption process and so we will proceed.








Thursday we will visit a wildlife safari park. It is an outdoor park that you ride an uncovered bus through. We look forward to seeing what different animals they will have there that we are not used to seeing.








Ok... this is pretty long and I should sign off.








Much love to all and coveted prayers over the next few days.




Many prayer for Walt and also Heika. I know that today is when Heika will have her surgery and we love you much and are praying for you. Trust the Lord and he will give you the strength needed.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope all continues to go well. I hope that Zoe will be able to relaxes. It looks like Anna has. They seem to look very happy. I hope that they do not have to get very many shots that is not very much fun.Anna and Zoe welcome to the family. We look forward to seeing all of you .

Stephen Dickey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephen Dickey said...

Hey Guys, I thought that I would just write a quick note. I am sooo glad that things continue to go well. I will be praying over time for the next week and a half or so that God who has already answered so many requests, would allow your family to become molded together. Praise God for all that he has done already and the blessings to come. Can't wait to see you all again. Give my love to all the kids and Shawn.

Anonymous said...

I checked the blog at 2 a.m. our time and no added news. This time there is quite bit....thank you. Sounds like it was good for all of you to visit with another family with a 14 year old girl....important sometimes to know that "all things are common to man" and our situation is not unique.
We are praising God for His faithfulness thus far and will continue praying. Be glad to hear the shots :< are over. Much love, Grandpa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you asked about Heika and we are praising God in her behalf as well. Dad was with her to pray yesterday a.m. and she seemed real good. Doctors ran all of their tests and NO CANCER so that meant no further surgery and she went home last evening. Thank you for your concern. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Much love to my daughter and fourth son. I am so thankful for a God who never leaves us an never forsakes us! Please give all our your children, a hug for grandma and grandpa. We are so anxious to have you all back home again. Bear Cat slept in the dog house last night cause I put a huge clean pillow in there and she loves it! The kitty sleeps on my stomach for almost an hour each day when I go over there to clean her box and pet her!

Love, Dad

Rebekah said...

It's was nice to see all of the new pictures and your long post. Anna does seem to be more relaxed and very happy. I hope that Gui Yuan well begin to open up and connect with all of her new family. We will be praying that you get that second wind and enjoy looking around China together. Has the girls ever traveled much or seen any of the sights? How is the translating coming along, are the two girls able to read and help you get around? Looking forward to pictures of the animals you see on Thursday. In parting here is some verses from my morning reading today in Isaiah 43. Thus says the Lord, he who created you,..."Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you be name and you are mine. ...You are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you,...Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. I will say to the North, Give up, and to the south, do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. "You are my witnesses", declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he." Love and prayer to you all. Rebekah

Unknown said...

Thanks for the long post with lots of info!!! It should be fun tomorrow at the wildlife safari! Hope you can get lots of pics!! We will pray about the shots. I hope Zoe doesn't have too many she looks really tired already. We will pray about her and Anna's health. It will be good when your home. Lots will fall into place. I hope you are all able to regain strength for the rest of the journey. Maybe now that the worse stress is over all will settle. We are praying for you everyday, love in Christ, Cheryl & family

Unknown said...

Praying that there will be no shots for the girls. I understand that can be pretty awful. Also praying that you will all have strength and remain healthy for the rest of the trip.

When we were there to adopt Grace, we went to a garden to sightsee. I think it was called Shanghai Garden but I can't remember for sure. It was beautiful. Just in case you need something else to do. :)

Hope you're all getting lots of rest.

Susan Taylor

bvinc44889 said...

We are so happy for you and continue to pray. Cant wait to meet our new nieces!

AmyB said...

Thanks for all the info and pics, even in the busy time you find yourselves in! Love to all, praying for you guys. :-)