Thursday, April 22, 2010

The day after getting Anna


This is Stephanie writing this time. We are SOOOOO very happy today. I went to bed last night for the first time and went to sleep right away resting and knowing that our dear Anna (which is what she has chosen for us to call her by the way) was resting right alongside us finally. :)

Amberlee is connecting so well with her and it is so exciting to see. Anna will repeat any english word that you ask her to say. Yesterday I gave her a necklace that I had bought for her in the US and she is TOTALLY attached to it. Another family had told me about sharing jewelry with them and how much they liked it. I'm so happy to have made a connection like this with her. We also found out she is quite the little shopper. We took her into a stationary store yesterday and asked her if there was anything she would like. She filled almost an entire basket. :( Gonna have to work on curbing this desire a little I think.

As for her size... some of you were wanting to know the girls' sizes when we knew. She is a little bigger than Amberlee. I would guess her to wear about a 7 in juniors and maybe an adult small with like sweat type running type pants, which seems to be what she likes. She is only 5' tall though, so if they were really long... this could not work too well. Her shirts are just small juniors. She is really pretty little overall. She has a new pair of shoes (knockoff converse I believe). Very very cute. Her favorite color is yellow.

We love you all very much and please rejoice with us as we thank our Lord for bringing us to this point finally. She is absolutely sweet!!!

Love,
Stephanie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture and write up....I really enjoyed the video. So happy today!!!!!
Stephen said to tell you how very happy he is for all of you too. He tried to get ahold of you but...guess you are having breakfast.
Love, Grandma and Mom

Unknown said...

Wow!! What a wonder!!! Its so sweet all of this!! Amberlee's video made me cry!! It was so sweet!! You are connecting Steph!! Yeah! A dream coming true!! Yes! God is good! Love you guys, Cheryl

Lynn said...

I am so excited for you guys and am glad to hear that it is going so well.

bcongdon said...

I am keeping up with this blog - your story is so amazing! I can see the Lord's hand in it all! Anna connecting with you all is such an answer to prayer... I am praying for Zoe too - Amberlee's posts are priceless!

Love to you all,
Sarah Congdon