Sunday, April 25, 2010

Amberlee #5

Hello guys! Been a while! We are now in Guangzhou and trying to fix the air conditioning. :) I haven't posted in a while, been tired. :/ Jet lag is catching up with me. :-/ Oh well.
Anna keeps asking if mom and dad are going to get Zoey! :)
So I have some pictures of what I ate this morning before we left on the plane. :) Mom and dad say they give me a lot of credit for being so adventurous with my eating. I already ate cow stomache so I was pretty much thinking, "Hey if I ate that I can try anything!" :D Here are the pictures:

YUM??? Not my exact words.


I have some other pictures of when we went shopping. People cross the street in front of moving cars! NOT SAFE! But I guess they don't seem to care much. People wont hit you, they'll just honk. :)

We bought a few outfits. The lady was so close to us! And I have a picture of what I THINK is Hannah Montana? And a picture of a Lakers jersy.




So also I wanted to say I saw some bamboo work. On hotels or any building that they build, they build a bamboo frame around it. They climb on the frame to work! :O It's crazy! In my previous post I have a picture of Me, Nathan, Josiah, and Jonathan standing in front of bamboo; yeah that's what I'm talking about!
Anyway I'd better go. Going to eat soon. Miss you all!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
See ya,
Am
PS: We are getting Zoey tomorrow, please pray for us! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures Am. What was that stuff you ate for breakfast? Looks like raw fish? We ARE praying for you first meeting with Zoe and can hardly wait to hear about it.
Much love, Grandma

The Vincents said...

I think the first one was a rice dumpling. And the second one was like a steamed bun with meat and spices in it. :/ I'm adventurous!

Unknown said...

Well, Amberlee, you are very adventurous!!!That stuff doesn't look too good!! I had oatmeal and fresh strawberries for breakfast, now that looked good...and tasted good too! Well, when in China do what the Chinese do is probably very polite!! Enjoy!! We enjoy watching you do it!! Love you all, Mrs. Rule

Rebekah said...

Hello Amberlee, It has been fun to look at the food you have been trying, would you mind posting what is in each one. Maybe have Anna help you identify what it is. There are a few things I would like to see, if you don't mind documenting things for friends. They are as follows: 1. the bathroom squat-pots( gross,yes but I want to see them, at least when you get back) 2. what the rooms like when your all packed in together 3. What the people are wearing ( Maybe Anna can point out Chinese fashion, what is popular for girls to wear). That's all my demands for now. Have fun with you news sisters, that's not something you get every day!=)

Unknown said...

Hugs to you all!

Unknown said...

Amberlee,
We recognized the food you ate! Popular in Hawaii....except they are eaten as a snack or for a meal other than breakfast. The steamed bun is usually filled with pork or chicken and is called char siu bao or manapua in Hawaii. Our rice dumpling is usually wrapped in banana leaves. We get them in Chinatown sometimes or at the local restaurants in Hawaii. We are thinking of you as you meet Zoe. Can't wait to see a picture of you all together. Love, Mrs. Quarto