Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Museum of the Mummy and Embroidery Factory








Hello all,




Today we visited the Museum in Hunan here dedicated to a mummified woman that was well-known here in China. Her husband was a government official that helped establish the city. According to their records, she died over 2000 years ago and then was burried in a tomb with a lot of expensive artifacts and statues so that she would have them for her future life as servants and possessions. :) Anyway, her body was so preserved that they made a whole museum exhibit to her. Her organs were there preserved 2 years ago when we were here, but have since been removed.




Then we visited the embroidery factor becauses Hunan-Jenna and Natalia's home province- is known for their silk embroidery.




Also, Jenna at lunch today.. Grandma can't take enough pictures. :)




Love to all,


Stephanie


PS. Keep up the responses. We look forward to reading as much as you do.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It is such a joy to see you and Jenna - we cant wait to meet her in person (and me to meet Natalia). We hear that you may be goign to Grand Rapids in the spring? If so, please let us know when so we can come up at the same time.
We love you very much and are so happy for you.
Love,
Barb

Alex & Karen said...

Wahoo! A Vincent family reunion in the spring. We hope that works out and will really look forward to it!
Keep the pictures and posts coming - we look forward to reading them every day.
Love to you all.
Karen

Unknown said...

We miss you all very much. I want you to know that we ejoy the many
picture that we are sending. This makes my day to be able to look at some pictures of you. May be you could get one of mom to.
Sharon

ericprogrammer said...

Wow, your blog is really bringing back a lot of memories, mostly about Kaitlyn. Every time a read this blog, I need to go and give Kaitlyn a big hug. Not that she would let me touch her in China. :-)

Also, seeing the Embroidery Factory reminded me of the cashier there. He had two-inch nails and could hardly separate the pieces of paper.

Keep posting pictures of your trip and your beautiful girl. We really enjoy them.

Eric

Unknown said...

Jenna looks cute. I see that she is smiling more than natalia did when you got her. Have you got Jenna to laugh?
Adam is holding up is head when he is on his tummy. All these babies grow up so fast.
Enjoy the warm weather cuz, here in oregon it has been cloudy and cool.
Thanks for posting pictures. We have been praying for you.
Love, Tasha and family

Josiah Vincent said...

Dood dad that mummy is freakin scary i remember seeing it but seeing it again just gives me the willies ughhhhhhhhhh.Jenna looks so cute and i can't wait 2 see her.

Love,Josiah

MilitaryatHeart said...

Yuck that mummy was yucky!!! I remember seeing it and staring down looking at it knowing it was a mummy but I was staring into the chest and it looked like it was breathing!!!! I was so grossed out!!! I can't beleive that I even looked at it!! But I was lost in my thought in the whole thing!!! Man people are trying to talk to my but I am lost in my thinking bubble!!!!! I can't wait to see you and my little sister!!!


I miss you and love you including you grandma!

Love,
Amberlee

All4ds said...

What a sweet precious girl! Natalia was excited to see she has an "apple". She loves looking at all the pictures.
I have seen that mummy on TV! Wow so neat you were able to see it in person,2000 yrs old!
Have fun!
Karen