Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hi Everyone,

We only have one more day until we take off! Steph and I are having trouble keeping our focus.

A funny story I thought I would share. As many of you know, the report that we have is that Jennavive is only 14 lbs. As a result, the doctor suggested we take a product with us named Pediasure. This will help her to gain weight.

It comes in both liquid and powder form. When thinking of packing, Steph had the idea of getting the powder, and repacking it into ziplock bags to save space. At first this sounded like a good idea so we could save space. But, then it hit me, when we go through the airport we might look like we were trying to smuggle drugs. Visions of me, Steph and Shirley being led away in cuffs went through my mind.

I said something to Steph about it, and we both got a chuckle out of it. The last thing we need is to get ourselves into handcuffs while out of the country, or maybe before we leave Portland. I was thinking we had determined to just take the whole can, but Steph just told me that we are taking the liquid form, so we should be good.

Anyway, thanks again for checking out the blog.
-Shawn

3 comments:

Basket full o' Plums said...

Dear Shawn and Stephanie (And Grandma Shirley!!), I tried to call tonight, but it seems the phone number I had doesn't work anymore, so I'll just have to write.

I can remember the excitement almost 2 years ago when we went to go get the girls and I don't know how you're all going to sleep tonight. Have wonderful trip and hopefully we won't be too many months behind you to go pick up Min!

take care & God bless!

Alex & Karen said...

Have a safe trip! We will be thinking of and praying for you!

Unknown said...

Mike and Sharon....
Hi we want to say that we are very thankful that you all arrived ok. We will be praying for you and look forward to see some pictures and notes.